Help children in Croatia affected by earthquakes
Our fellow citizens’ lives are in ruins.
A series of powerful earthquakes hit central Croatia, causing loss of human lives, trauma and widespread destruction.
UNICEF has delivered critical supplies and equipment to the affected areas. But children and their families need long-term support to be able to rebuild their lives after the disaster.
What can we do?
Bring back hope to children and families affected by the earthquakes!
Donate and help provide long-term support for children and families in the Sisak-Moslavina County!
Make a one-off donation!
You can also donate directly to UNICEF’s bank account:
Reference nr: 2161-98
Thank you for your contribution – every donation counts!
How your donation helps
Your donation will help secure:
- psychosocial support to children and parents
- support to schools and kindergartens
- support to health and social services providers.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, UNICEF has already provided:
- 13,5 tonnes of protective tarpaulin, used to shield houses from adverse weather conditions
- 29.000 packets of hygienic supplies
- PPE equipment for protection against coronavirus, delivered to institutions that work with children
- computers for social welfare centers to ensure continuity of their services to families
- expert mobile teams who provide psyhological support to the most vulnerable children and families
“Children are most vulnerable in times of crises as parents, guardians, families and communities try to cope with hardship and despair. As UNICEF, we want to be there for the children and their families affected by the earthquakes and at no point in time, psychological support has been more needed to ensure that children and their families are able to express their feelings, find mechanisms for building resilience and restore some of the lost joy in their lives”, said Regina M. Castillo, UNICEF CO Croatia Representative.